Monday, August 8, 2011

LOVE

The day is almost over. Just one last lick of James' neck and I think I will have all his powers. I really do not want to take his powers, I just want to see what it is that makes him get up each morning and support Mama, Skuzum and me. I could tell he was a little tired today. We ran our usual course through Griffith Park with Stella, but he was still asleep. Perhaps it was last night's SWAT and helicopter escapades. Or was it the man he told me about during our run who was carried out of the apartment, after the police raided his building. Supposedly, reports were written that one of our neighbors had taken too many pills and was barricading himself in his house with a gun. By the time police had reached their suspect he had overdosed on pills and was unconscious for who knows how many hours. HE HAD NO GUN!

I do not understand the human spirit in this overpopulated town. It is never at rest, and when it is, it is sitting on some white porcelain thing. Each day we pass by Silver Lake dog park. Many of my friends are running around having a great time because they have been locked up in the small apartments all day. I truly do not understand why their owners choose to take the easy way out and instead walk them. This would truly create a stronger bond than letting them run loose and get into mischief with other dogs who have similar mental problems. I am so glad James takes me out everyday, sometimes twice a day, with my buddies Kobe, Ink and Na_Me. I really support this idea and find it works on all levels. I get exercise which is at the top of my list of things I need to do each day. I am always surrounded by friends, taking care of the socialization aspect of my training, we are always exposed to different experiences, and most of all, I am completely balanced because I don't have to be the pack leader. I get to be a dog.

So you see, I know I am very loved and I remain focused. Rarely will you see me depressed or down and out. Just when have you ever heard of a dog committing suicide and having a team of K-9's raid a doghouse?

I LOVE YOU Mama and James!


No comments:

Post a Comment